Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello All!

I have been bad with blogging! Martha would not approve!

Anyway, even though I have not written in a long while I still have been up to "Martha like" projects!

First thing would be that I have been spending time helping my parents de-clutter their house. I have wanted to do this for a long time. For many years the clutter has gotten worse and has become a weight that is hard for my parents to cope with. My mother has back problems and so does my dad (the keeper of most of the clutter) so it is hard for them to take on any big cleaning projects. The house isn't too bad, but there are about 4 rooms and the basement that need major attention.

Without getting too personal, my dad has a hoarding mentality. He buys multiples of one thing, holds on to items for the memories (even though the item has been in a box for over a decade), and thinks that many items would be useful if the apocalypse comes. Basically all this stuff its just making life harder to live, and it frustrates my mom to no end.

I have a few photos of the clutter, but I neglected to take a before photo of the room we are working on at the moment.

SO first some clutter photos!

Dad's Office


Part of the basement


The Laundry room




My mom and I have been working on my old bedroom. We de-cluttered it, cleared it out, and painted the walls and wood work. It is almost done. I will be her sewing and crafting room



Mom, painting her future crafting room

So all of this clearing out has been helping lift spirits around the house. Some days are harder to get going then others, but I think we will get a lot done.

I will keep updating as we go on.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. This is the nicest thing ever to do for your folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you definitely had your work cut out for you!!! They're going to be so ridiculously happy once they get out from under all of those piles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete