Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kate's Bridal Shower



I have wanted to post about this for a while.

One of my dearest friends Kate got married in October of 2010 and I got to be Co-Maid of Honor with another lovely lady Val. Val and I were in charge of throwing the bridal shower, which is something I have not done before but was excited for the challenge in putting my Martha knowledge to the test.

We came up with a traditional British tea Theme for the party, which I found out later is a popular theme for bridal showers. I thought this theme was fitting since Kate and I had gone on a Harry Potter tour in England together back in 2002 and very much enjoy remising about out time here. So it would be tying great memories in with a causal classy look for the party.

When I first thought of this theme I visualized the table looking thick with flowers, food, drink and treats. I wanted to bring out that old time english style that blends patterned china and linen without going overboard or getting the look too mashed up.

Let me just say that Val was a great person to have as a partner for this event.

I was in charge of making tea sandwiches, tea bulb party favors, and arranging flowers. Val made scones, truffles, and rice crispy treat Snitch cake! Val is amazing at baking and candy making! The scones where flaky and delicious and her Snitch cake looked amazing!
Other responsibilities where gathering plates, vases, and pitchers that fit the theme. We also made red and white sangria and assorted ice teas.


We worked hard on this party and I think that we achieved the look and taste of a traditional British tea!

I think Martha would approve.


Party Favors


Val's delicious scones with clotted cream and berry compote.


Chicken Salad on bread crackers topped with watercress.


Table set up and Val's Snitch cake atop a pedestal of every flavor jelly beans!


Assorted flowers in tea pots.



Val and I


No comments:

Post a Comment