Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just made the BEST dessert that I have ever made! Biscuit Shortcakes with Blueberry Compote and Chevre!



This evening I was reading through the Martha July 2011 magazine. I was admiring the lovely summer desserts that are featured, especially the " Corn Ice Cream Shortcakes with Blueberry Compote". I started thinking that I could make some corn bread and berry compote, which would be similar and easier. When went to the kitchen and looked in the cupboard I saw a box of Bisquick. I took it out and turned it over. On the back of the box was an EASY recipe for shortcakes! I was real excited. I had all the ingredients in the house and some goat cheese. I made the shortcakes and compote ( which really was very simple to do and I had never made either before) and sprinkled some of the chevre on top. I nearly died!

You all must try this!

The Martha/ Bisquick/ Katie Biscuit Shortcakes with Blueberry Compote and Chevre!


BLUEBERRY COMPOTE

1 1/2 cups of Blueberries (I used frozen)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of lemon juice ( I used lemon juice from the plastic lemon)

Make the compote:
Heat 1 cup of blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat until berries begin to burst, 4 to 5 minutes. Simmer, stirring often, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in remaining blueberries and let cool.

SHORTCAKES

2 1/3 cup bisquick
3 tbs sugar
3 tbs margarine or butter -- melted
2/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 425 f.

Mix bisquick,sugar,butter and milk until
soft dough forms. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into
6 mounds on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with
sugar. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Omg, looks sooo good! Haha, Martha inspires as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so amazing! I am glad I got to taste.

    ReplyDelete